Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Barack Obama on ABC tonight at 10pm


Tonight at 10pm, ABC is airing an interview with Barack and Michelle Obama conducted by Bawbwa Walters. Here's an early excerpt. This has to be one of the coolest things a president-elect has ever said:

OBAMA: . . . [O]ne of the things I hope my presidency helps to usher in is a, a return to an ethic of responsibility. That if you're placed in a position of power, then you've got responsibilities to your workers. You've got a responsibility to your community. Your share holders. That if -- there's got to be a point where you say, 'You know what, I have enough, and now I'm in this position of responsibility, let me make sure that I'm doing right by people, and, and acting in a way that is responsible.' And that's true, by the way, for members of congress, that's true for the president, that's true for cabinet members, that's true for parents. I want all of us to start thinking a little bit more, not just about what's good for me, but let's start thinking about what's good for our children, what's good for our country. The more we do that, the better off we're going to be.
And later on:

OBAMA: "One of the worst things I think that could happen to a president is losing touch with what people are going through day to day . . . I want to make sure that I keep my finger on the pulse of the struggles that people are going through every day."
I've been trying to remain cynical about Obama's presidency. We're facing some very tough times, and there are a lot of things that need to get done. A lot of promises are made on the campaign trail. I don't want to get too excited; I just want to wait and see. He ain't even President, yet. But these excerpts from this interview have got to get you all hot and bothered about the former junior senator from Illinois. When you don't hear things like this from politicians, you don't expect to. And when you do, how sweet it is! So, join me in getting all fired up, watch the interview tonight, and check out this great video that was forwarded to me (thanks, Mom). This video almost makes me want to like Coldplay.


No comments: